Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Lfim Isims <lf...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/19 12:05:15 UTC

Finding an arabic pre-trained model for sentence detection

Hi,

I am a new user of OpenNLP and I would like to use it for Sentence
Detection.
>From the models available on OpenNLP website, I cannot find models for
Arabic language.

Do they exists elsewhere ?
Otherwise, could you help me by giving me the steps to build my own model
based on raw text I have collected ?

Thank you.

Re: Finding an arabic pre-trained model for sentence detection

Posted by Rodrigo Agerri <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi,

AFAIK, there are not pre-trained models but sure, we can help you to
train a new model. Ideally, the raw text should be manually segmented
and then use the sentence detector trainer to train a model. You can
do that following the steps in the documentation. If you run into
problems come back with it.

HTH,

Rodrigo