Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/01/02 23:29:21 UTC

Re: site mirrors

Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>More discrepancies in the search at Randy's mirror:
>>
>>http://perl.apache.org/search/swish.cgi?query=PerlSetVar&sbm=&submit=search
>>gives 40 results
>>
>>http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/modperl/search/swish.cgi?query=PerlSetVar&sbm=&submit=search
>>only 28
>>
>>e.g. if you search inside the guide 1.0, Randy's mirror has no hits at all.
>>
>>So, now we have pages that were mysteriously picked by the index and
>>pages that gone unpicked.
>

> It's taken a "bit" of time, but I found out the cause of the
> above problem - I was doing some redirections for people wanting
> the old guide, and these erroneously redirected some pages in the
> new doc tree. It's been fixed now.

Thanks, Randy!

One more issue that would be nice to handle gracefully is the cleanup of
the dead docs. DocSet currently has no clue if some document has been
removed. The simplest thing is to remove dst_html/dst_ps once in a while
and the new build will include only the active docs. The problem with
our setup on perl.apache.org is that dst_html is mixed with dist/,
mail/, embperl/ and a few other things which aren't under DocSet's
control, and therefore rsync --delete can't be used :(