Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Su...@epamail.epa.gov on 2001/06/04 19:51:46 UTC

JavaScript Open vs Java Forward

I am attempting to run a servlet from a JPS by calling a JavaScript
function.

I get the parameters from the request object and use them to build the
parameters for the servlet that I am calling

Next I use the OPEN JavaScript function to open the servlet in a new
window. The problem is that it appears the
servlet context is being appended to the JSP path.

For example my JSPs reside in WebApps/xxx/jsp and my servlet context is
webapps/xxx/servlet.
When I open the window
the browser has http://igce.gov/xxx/jsp/ /xxx/servlet/update in the
Location bar of the browser

Can I even do this in JavaScript? or do I need to forward the servlet?
If so how do I get it to do it in a new Browser Window?

Thanks in advance

Jeff Sulman