Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Rice Yeh <ri...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/01 08:21:51 UTC

Re: Sever cache based on JCS and JAXRSInvoker?

Hi Sergey,
  My idea is quite simple. I put any (jaxrs) resource method, which is
subject to cache, an annotation called @Cacheable. Then I override the
JAXRSInvoker's invoke(Exchange exchange, Object serviceObject, Method m,
List<Object> params)  to check wthether the method m is annotated
with@Cacheable. If it is but not cahced yet, call super.invoke(..)  and
cache the result with the request's uri as key. For next resource access
with the same uri, the cached result is served.
  The cache is important to my ap because it takes long time to come out
the result. In terms of cxf, maybe the out Message is all i need to put in
cache.

Rice

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rice
On 01/05/14 07:21, Rice Yeh wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>    My idea is quite simple. I put any (jaxrs) resource method, which is
> subject to cache, an annotation called @Cacheable. Then I override the
> JAXRSInvoker's invoke(Exchange exchange, Object serviceObject, Method m,
> List<Object> params)  to check wthether the method m is annotated
> with@Cacheable. If it is but not cahced yet, call super.invoke(..)  and
> cache the result with the request's uri as key. For next resource access
> with the same uri, the cached result is served.
>    The cache is important to my ap because it takes long time to come out
> the result. In terms of cxf, maybe the out Message is all i need to put in
> cache.
Sure it makes sense.
Consider also working with Request check pre-condition methods which
check etags and dates.
JAX-RS 2.0 AsynceResponse can also be useful in such contexts...

Cheers, Sergey