Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/14 02:42:05 UTC

[FlexJS] Running the FlexJS (FalconJX Release and Debug Build) external tool via Flash Builder

I am setting up the FlexJS dev environment from scratch.  I have run into a
few compile issues so far.  I have fixed them and checked them in.

Now I am trying to build an app from Flash Builder.  I have the project set
up, pointing to a FlexJS installation version 0.0.2 which was installed
using the Installer.  Also, I have two project references to FlexJSUI and
FlexJSJX.  So far, so good.  No compile errors.

Now, I am trying to build the project using the external tool -> FlexJS
(FalconJX Release and Debug Build).  I am getting this error:

Using Falcon codebase:
C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-falcon\compiler\generated\dist\sdk
Using Flex SDK: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\ApacheFlex4.13.0_AIR15_FP15
'"C:\Windows\System32\java.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or
external command,
operable program or batch file.

I do have java installed, JAVA_HOME set and JAVA_HOME/bin added to PATH.
Java seems to be working fine via the command prompt:

C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG>java -version
java version "1.8.0_20"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.20-b23, mixed mode)

Anyone has any idea what's going wrong?  This used to work without problems
in my earlier/similar set up.

Thanks,
Om

Re: [FlexJS] Running the FlexJS (FalconJX Release and Debug Build) external tool via Flash Builder

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Wrong thread, please ignore this :-)

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Try installing the nightly build.  It might just be a bug in Falcon.  I
don’t know if I’ve tested this scenario on Windows.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> I think that will launch mxmlc.bat which uses @java, but FB I think is
> stuck on Java 6 and @java might resolve to that.  Try replacing @java with
> a full path to a more recent Java.

That worked, thanks!

While we are here, can you help me out with a related issue.  I want to
modify the FlexJSUI and FlexJSJX projects and still continue to work with
the installed FlexJS.  So, I am adding a library path to my FlexJS
project.

Actual path: C:/p/flexroot/git/flex-asjs/frameworks/as/libs/

FB is okay with this, no compile errors.

But, when I run it using the FlexJS external tool, the path gets converted
to this:

-library-path+=C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG/C:/p/flexroot/git/flex-asjs/frameworks/as/libs/

And I am getting an error:

command line
unable to open
'C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG\C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\frameworks\as\libs'

How can I tell the launch tool to not treat it a path inside the project,
but an absolute one?

Here is the full stack trace:

Using Falcon codebase: C:\p\flexroot\FlexJS
Using Flex SDK: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\ApacheFlex4.13.0_AIR15_FP15
using FlashBuilder Project Files
FlashBuilder settings:
    -locale
    en_US
    -source-path+=C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG/src
    -compiler.accessible=true

-output=C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG/bin-release/FlexJSTest_SVG.swf
    -library-path+=C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG/libs

-library-path+=C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG/C:/p/flexroot/git/flex-asjs/frameworks/as/libs/
    -js-output-type=FLEXJS
    -sdk-js-lib=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\ApacheFlex4.13.0_AIR15_FP15\frameworks\js\FlexJS\src
    -fb

C:\p\flexroot\git\flex-asjs\examples\FlexJSTest_SVG/src/FlexJSTest_SVG.mxml

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a FALCON_HOME environment variable is pointing to a folder in
> a flex-falcon repo.  It needs to point to the FlexJS SDK.

The README in flex-asjs says that FALCON_HOME should point to:
<flex-falcon-repo-path>/compiler/generated/dist/sdk, which is what I
tried.

Anyways, when I switched FALCON_HOME to point ot the FlexJS installation
directory, I am getting this error:

Using Falcon codebase: C:\p\flexroot\FlexJS
Using Flex SDK: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\ApacheFlex4.13.0_AIR15_FP15
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/flex/compiler/clients/MXMLJSC : Unsupported major.minor version
51.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC.
Program will exit.
Exception in thread "main"

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.