Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Paloma Gomez <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/10 21:14:36 UTC

Asset management in Lenya 1.4

Hi all,

I would like to change the place where the assets related to a
publication are stored by default. I have some assets which I would
like to include in several documents, and I would like to upload  them
just once and be able to pick them from all the documents within my
pub.

I have read the Asset management description for Lenya 1.2 in the
Lenya Page, but it doesn't seem to apply to Lenya 1.4. For instance, I
can't find some of the files mentioned there:  asset.xsp,
AssetUploadAction.java, etc.  I would like to know if there is a core
usecase handler which I might  override in order to achieve this
behaviour.

Thanks,
Paloma
--
Paloma Gomez

Re: Asset management in Lenya 1.4

Posted by Paloma Gomez <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michi,

Thanks, I that was what I was looking for.

Regards,
Paloma

--
Paloma Gomez

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Paloma Gomez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to change the place where the assets related to a
> publication are stored by default. I have some assets which I would
> like to include in several documents, and I would like to upload  them
> just once and be able to pick them from all the documents within my
> pub.
>
> I have read the Asset management description for Lenya 1.2 in the
> Lenya Page, but it doesn't seem to apply to Lenya 1.4. For instance, I
> can't find some of the files mentioned there:  asset.xsp,
> AssetUploadAction.java, etc.  I would like to know if there is a core
> usecase handler which I might  override in order to achieve this
> behaviour.

I think this has been changed into a specific usecase, but I don't think
it's a very good way to handle assets anyway and I think we should
change it.

For a customer project of ours we have developed an "asset" resource
type for 1.4-dev, which allows you to save it anywhere and reuse it more
easily.

You can check it out from

http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/lenya/modules/mediatype/

and a sample publication using this resource type from

http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/lenya/pubs/dms/

by using anonymous:anonymous

It's not feature complete yet and needs some testing, but otherwise
it's working very fine

HTH

Michi

> Thanks,