Posted to user@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/10/29 21:02:07 UTC

Re: Direct Asset dependency in lineage (i.e. DB->Table)

Carlos,

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please file JIRAs for these feature suggestions? It will help to track and prioritize. It will be helpful if you can few use-cases/examples in the JIRA.

Thanks,

Madhan

From: Carlos Diogo <cd...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 1:05 AM
To: "user@atlas.apache.org" <us...@atlas.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Direct Asset dependency in lineage (i.e. DB->Table)

Dear team

Thanks for the great work. I have been working to get Atlas integrated into our DWH landscape

I have a couple of feature suggestion for the Lineage UI.

 - At the moment the lineage only reflect the "process" dependencies between datasets. It would also be great that the lineage would also reflect the direct dependencies between datasets (Cluster->Database->Table->Column) .

- When you click on a process asset, lineage is empty . It should display the inputs and outputs that relate to the process

This would be extremely helpful to  navigate the through the entire Assets

Os meus cumprimentos / Best regards /  Mit freundlichen Grüße
Carlos Diogo