Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/02 07:45:35 UTC

Re: Doc says when doing re-balance, sort by leader then partition, but the code seems sort only on partition

Hello Xiang,

I took a look at the PartitionAssignor and I agree with you that the doc is
referring to an older version of the code now. It could be updated.

BTW, this logic is referring the old ZK-dependent consumer behavior, which
has been deprecated and will likely be removed in the future major
releases; so we'd probably just remove this part of the web docs when we do
that.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang