Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulf Holm Nielsen <ul...@ruc.dk> on 2001/01/24 22:00:42 UTC

installing cocoon2

hi,

i've just grabbed cocoon2 from the cvs. i followed the readme's and it
build just fine. i copied the .war to tomcats webapps dir. and started
tomcat. but when trying to view the samples in docs/samples/ cocoon says
in can't find the sitemap?

i'm on win2k with tomcat and apache with mod_jk

,
Ulf Holm Nielsen

Re: installing cocoon2

Posted by danh <da...@mandelbrot.freeserve.co.uk>.
I had the same problem Ulf,

I found an answer in the mailing list archives, the problem is caused by
conflicting SAX parser implementations as far as I remember. The
workaround is to remove  'crimson.jar' and 'jaxp.jar' from the Tomcat
lib directory.  It means you can't serve jsp files from that server but
you can run another server (on a different port) if you need that.

I hope that is;
a) correct

and
b) helpful