Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Miles Fidelman <mf...@meetinghouse.net> on 2007/01/01 19:59:56 UTC

help needed with sa-update

Hi Folks,

Hopefully somebody can provide some guidance.

sa-update has just started giving me errors:

I run:
sa-update

and get a string of errors along the lines of:
config: configuration file
"/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003/updates_spamassassin_org.tmp/20_advance_fee.cf"
requires version 3.002000 of SpamAssassin, but this is code version
3.001003. Maybe you need to use the -C switch, or remove the old config
files? Skipping this file at
/usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 344.

and then spamassassin --lint fails

I'm running on Debian Sarge, with security, volatile, and backports in
my apt sources list, and I thought everything was all caught up.  But
now, I'm confused as to what's actually installed.
spamassassin -V tells me that I'm running version 3.1.3
the error messsage I'm getting suggests otherwise

So... any suggestions on how to figure out and fix what's going on?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman