Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Diego Fustes Villadóniga <df...@oesia.com> on 2017/04/11 10:24:14 UTC

Problems with Kerberos Kafka connection in version 1.2.0

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to a kerberized Kafka cluster from Flink 1.2.0. I've configured Flink correctly following instructions to get the credentials from a given keytab. Here is the configuration:

security.kerberos.login.keytab: /home/biguardian/biguardian.keytab
security.kerberos.login.principal: biguardian
security.kerberos.login.use-ticket-cache: false
security.kerberos.login.contexts: Client, KafkaClient

However, I get this error:

org.apache.kafka.common.KafkaException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find a 'KafkaClient' entry in `/tmp/jaas-522055201249067191.conf`

Indeed, the JAAS file is empty.

Do yon know what may be happening?

Diego Fustes Villadóniga, Arquitecto Big Data, CCIM

Re: Problems with Kerberos Kafka connection in version 1.2.0

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Diego,

I think the problem is here:

security.kerberos.login.contexts: Client, KafkaClient

The space between “Client,” and “KafkaClient” is causing the problem.
Removing it should fix your issue.
Cheers,
Gordon