Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Juza Petr <pe...@openwise.cz> on 2017/11/24 19:24:49 UTC

OpenHub framework - Apache Camel, but improved ...

Dear community,
we would like to introduce to you our OpenHub framework - it’s still Apache Camel but with additional functions and with full application stack based on Spring Boot.

Main OpenHub extensions (https://openhubframework.atlassian.net/wiki/x/QIM):
asynchronous messaging model
parent-child concept
obsolete messages
guaranteed message processing order
confirmation to callee system
alerts and monitoring
cluster support
proven full application stack based on Spring libraries
own admin console GUI

GitHub: https://github.com/OpenWiseSolutions/openhub-framework <https://github.com/OpenWiseSolutions/openhub-framework>
Doc: https://openhubframework.atlassian.net <https://openhubframework.atlassian.net/>

Articles on JavaCodeGeeks:
	Introducing OpenHub framework - https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2017/10/introducing-openhub-framework.html <https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2017/10/introducing-openhub-framework.html>
	Asynchronous communication made by OpenHub framework - https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2017/10/asynchronous-communication-made-openhub-framework.html <https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2017/10/asynchronous-communication-made-openhub-framework.html>
	Next Interesting Features - https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2017/11/openhub-framework-next-interesting-features.html <https://www.javacodegeeks.com/2017/11/openhub-framework-next-interesting-features.html>

Please, we would like to get feedback from you.

Thank you very much.
PETR

   ___                   _   _       _
  / _ \ _ __   ___ _ __ | | | |_   _| |__
 | |_| | |_) |  __/ | | |  _  | |_| | |_) |
  \___/| .__/ \___|_| |_|_| |_|\__,_|_.__/
       |_|                   version: 2.0.0-RC1

Re: OpenHub framework - Apache Camel, but improved ...

Posted by de...@yahoo.com.INVALID.
Who ever does these kind of things.. please keep this in mind bro.. I'm not discouraging your effort..but anybody who knows and use camel should now learn spring to use this.. that's a steep learning curve and that's what make people loss their interest in additives.. If you make Camel better by keeping it as it is by introducing new artifacts into it that make sense..Or else u should introduce this to Spring community may be those who don't have much experience with Camel but already speak Spring.. Spring is  almost like Camel what we Camel fans like is the simplicity of Camel and it's very light footprint and powerful integration ability into any codebase without doing a lot of config and coupling headaces

Sent from my Cyanogen phone

On Nov 25, 2017 9:11 AM, Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello OpenHub,

It is great to see another product based on Apache Camel. Seems like an
interesting stack with Camel, and hope you become even more successful, and
contribute back to Apache Camel to make it a better as well.

I cannot resist express my personal opinion about one thing I dislike about
OpenHub - its tag line: “Apache Camel, but improved”
Looking at your architecture diagram, it seems it is another packaging of
Apache Camel with modern tools around it, which is great. That is a very
similar model to Talend ESB, JBoss Fuse, JBoss Switchyard, etc. None of
these projects are “Better Camel”, as Camel is a pure library that can be
embedded in all kind of stacks, and aforementioned projects are packaging
of Camel with other projects.

So saying “Better Camel” is misleading as it implies OpenHub is an
equivalent of Camel, where in essence it is Camel with addons.
Don’t take this personally, I have been comparing Camel (to Spring Boot
which is actually something similar to Apache Camel), blogging, defending
Camel often and for over a decade there has not come another framework that
is in the same category as Camel but better. OpenHub is not an exception
here either.

Hope you see my feedback as a constrictive one and it can help you make
OpenHub better.
Good luck and looking forward to see PRs to Camel and make it better ;)

Bilgin

--
Bilgin Ibryam
ASF Member | Architect at Red Hat

Kubernetes Patterns http://leanpub.com/k8spatterns (in progress)
Camel Design Patterns https://leanpub.com/camel-design-patterns

Re: OpenHub framework - Apache Camel, but improved ...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Petr

The ASF Board and Camel PMC have been asked to look at 3rd party
projects that may violate ASF policy and marks.

Your project with home page at
http://www.openhub.cz/

And on github at
https://github.com/OpenWiseSolutions/openhub-framework

Is doing this with the word "for enterprise" as it implies that Apache
Camel is NOT for enterprise, which it is very much is.

So can you look at this again and come up with a different tagline

For example something like these

OpenHub an integration platform powered by Apache Camel
OpenHub a ready to use integration platform for enterprises, powered
by Apache Camel
OpenHub Framework, an integration platform built with Apache Camel

Posted by Juza Petr <pe...@openwise.cz>.
Hello Claus,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Petr

Posted by Juza Petr <pe...@openwise.cz>.
Dears,

AW: OpenHub framework - Apache Camel, but improved ...

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
The name itself is very close to the home automatisation project
http://www.openhab.org/

just my 2ct

Jan

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.