Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Olivier Brand <ol...@intraware.com> on 2001/02/08 20:04:09 UTC

Bug in StatefulEJBProvider

All,

I found a bug in the StatefulEJBProvider.

In the locate(...) method, there is the following line:

methodName = origCall.getMethodName();

This line of code is wrong since methodName is a class variable and also
a parameter used in the locate(...) signature.
When you try to run an EJB, the methodName is null and the Home tries to
instanciate the Bean constructor with the parameter, leading to an
exception.

The line should be:

this.methodName = origCall.getMethodName();

Or just change the parameter's name.

By the way, the EJB example was wrong as well. If people are interested,
I do have the same example using WebLogic, as well Stateless and
Stateful with 2 different SOAP configurations.

Olivier