Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Sam Ceylani <sa...@mistercertified.com> on 2015/03/21 16:54:53 UTC

web servers with SSL behind a VR and load balancing for SSL

Does Cloudstack 4.4.1 supports SSL termination on VR? We will need to build 3 web server environment load balanced behind a VR for a website and they are using SSL for ecommerce, if we build web server VMs behind a VR load balanced for 443, we probably will run into some
SSL session issues, maybe a wildcard SSL certificate? Any idea?

RE: web servers with SSL behind a VR and load balancing for SSL

Posted by Sam Ceylani <sa...@mistercertified.com>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSL+Termination+Support

I just found it.

What kind of issues do you expect to see?

Erik

Den lørdag 21. mars 2015 skrev Sam Ceylani <sa...@mistercertified.com>
følgende:

Posted by Sam Ceylani <sa...@mistercertified.com>.
Not an issue but instead of building a dedicated haproxy vm in front of VR for ssl termination I was wondering how you guys are handling load balancing for port 443 since GUI doesn’t
have tools to install signed web server SSL certificate on VR so if we load balance port 443
Then we would have to install certificate on each web server, ideally since VR is using
HAproxy for load balancing, I was wondering if we can use it to terminate all SSL sessions
On VR and communicate backend web servers on port 80? There was a feature request for this and I have seen some screenshots about installing SSL Certificates from GUI etc. I can find the link for that screenshot if you need it.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.