Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2017/04/11 20:03:09 UTC

FYI: HBase looking to shade/hide/remove core libs like netty and guava in hbase2

Projects like Phoenix could run would their own versions of libs thereafter
(but would no longer be able to depend nor transitively include from hbase).

Discussion is ongoing (See "[DISCUSS] More Shading"). Pitch in please if
interested/concerned.

Thanks,
St.Ack

Re: FYI: HBase looking to shade/hide/remove core libs like netty and guava in hbase2

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Sergey too. ;)

Will catch up over on dev@hbase. Thanks for making sure we were aware of
this one downstream, Stack.