Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2018/05/30 23:40:15 UTC

Surefire/junit5 ETA?

Hi,
I can see some work happening on the donation branch.
Great job guys!
I'd like to know if there is any plan to merge it to master and cut a
release soon?
Even a 3.0.0-beta-1? (including known bugs and missing features with this
junit5 provider).
Actually some opensource projects are a bit struggle to adopt/migrate to
junit5 because there are bugs with the last surefire release and this last
surefire release is needed if you want to build with jdk10 and because of
the code donation there is no more release happening from junit team.
So a bit chicken and eggs and no way to move to junit5 :-(
Is there any big issues to fix in the branch? (well I mean real issues and
not checkstyle cosmetic problem :P)
If I can help let me know!

Cheers
--
Olivier Lamy

Re: Surefire/junit5 ETA?

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
We will release 2.22.0 with JUnit5.
As we discussed pull request #184 there are two issues to finish.
No, we are not working on cosmetic issues.