Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Johannes Wechsler <jo...@mchp.siemens.de> on 2002/09/09 10:45:13 UTC

Exception at Update (org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException)

Hi,
I want to update a collection but I always get the following exception:

org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException:
IDL:org/apache/xindice/client/corba/db/APIException:1.0
at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIExceptionHelper.read(APIExceptionHelpe
r.java:112)
at
org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db._CollectionStub.queryCollection(_Collecti
onStub.java:833)
at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.updateResul
t(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:165)
at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.update(XUpd
ateQueryServiceImpl.java:185)
(...)

I've read in the mail archive
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xindice-users&m=102813415427188&w=2) that
other users had as well problems with this exception, too, but the tip to
add
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=<whatever the path is to your $XINDICE_HOME>/java/lib
to $XINDICE_HOME/config/vm.cfg did not yield in sucess.

I use Xindice 1.0 and tried my program with different JDKs (1.3.0_01,
1.3.0_02, 1.3.1, 1.4.0), but the exception always appears.

Most commands I tried are examples from
http://www.xmldatabases.org/projects/XUpdate-UseCases/#3, so I think the
syntax of my commands is correct.

Can anyone help me?