Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/12/03 01:31:44 UTC

Re: tomcat 4.0.1 and persistent connection problem

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, yuexiang wrote:

> Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:27:44 +0800
> From: yuexiang <yu...@gridnode.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: tomcat 4.0.1 and persistent connection problem
>
> Hi, All
>
> I want to let the tomcat using persistent connection when the connection
> is established
> like:
>
>     my client ----> squid proxy ---> tomcat.
>
> Because squid proxy always send http/1.0 package, and Connection:
> Keep-Alive header,
> I want to know whether the tomcat also support "Connection: Keep-Alive"
> when communicate
> with 1.0 proxy?

Tomcat 4 does not support the "Keep-Alive" header on HTTP/1.0 connections.
It only supports persistence on the HTTP/1.1 connector, and there only if
the client also supports HTTP/1.1.

> Thanks
>
> yang

Craig McClanahan

classpath for tomcat 3.3.1

Posted by Wyn Easton <wy...@yahoo.com>.
I'm having a problem setting-up the classpath for SOAP
using tomcat 3.3.1. There are instructions in the user
guide to use:
System property named
org.apache.tomcat.common.classpath or
org.apache.tomcat.apps.classpath

to add jar files to the classpath.

I've tried using the -D parameter in the tomcat.bat
file without much luck.
I'm using something like:

-Dorg.apache.tomcat.common.classpath="d:\somedir"

I added all of the jar files needed by SOAP to the
%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\apps
directory and I can then deploy my web service, but
the service won't run because SOAP can not find the
class file for the web service.

Thanks.