Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/09/01 10:35:10 UTC

[Fwd: IndexSearcher on JAR resources?]

I posed this to lucene-user, with only Otis replying saying that its not
currently available that he knows of.  So now it turns to a lucene-dev
issue.... has anyone done this?  If not, what would be involved in
creating this?  I can see that a Directory implementation is needed, but
any other advice from the dev folks regarding this?  This is for a
read-only index situation, so there is no need to write new entries,
which hopefully should make this a bit easier and do-able.  Perhaps a
RAMDirectory subclass that reads everything into it from a .jar?

Many thanks,
	Erik