Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ranjith Kodikara <ra...@dmsswt.com> on 2004/10/20 07:05:11 UTC

Obtaining Xerces version for java 1.3.1

Hi,

I have to write a program to parse an XML document in a java bean embedded in Oracle form. The form is running on Oracle 9iAS. The Oracle 9iAS installed version support only Java 1.3.1.

Then my idea is to use Oracle OC4j instead of Tomcat and generate an xml document in server side and access it from the bean embedded in the Oracle form, which Runs on the client. ( From the client I am not going to create a jdbc connection to the database, for security reasons.)

Then I have to find the appropriate Xerces version to parse the mentioned xml file. The Xerces version which runs on java 1.3.1. From where can I download the Xerces for java 1.3.1? What is that file?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Ranjith