Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed Robbins <ed...@erobbins.com> on 2001/04/10 14:02:42 UTC

Re: Welcome File : index.html

Joar Vatnaland wrote:

> How did you change the welcome-file,
> did you just append an
>
> <welcome-file>sample.html</welcome-file>
>
> after the other entries?  My guess is that it goes through the list
> and starts with the first file it finds.  So if an index.jsp or index.html
> still exists in your directory, then that will still be the starting file.
> Either remove the index file from the directory, or place your entry ahead
> of any other <wellcome-file> entry.

Joar is right, if there is a list it will go through the list until it
finds the first match.  Also, make sure you have the <welcome-file> tag
within a <welcome-file-list> tag, so it should look like the following:

<welcome-file-list>
  <welcome-file>welcome.html</welcome-file>
  <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
  <welcome-file>home.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file-list>

Don't forget that each web app has it's own web.xml file and you want to
put it in the appropriate file.

Ed