Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Wilson <an...@tees.elsevier.co.uk> on 1995/10/03 15:30:02 UTC

Re: Remove Catalog Registration

> > Text item:
> >
> > Randy,
> >
> > I've been trying to reach you in person to understand why The Apache
> > Group doesn't want to participate.  I received your request after we
> > had frozen the code, so The Apache Group is listed in the first rev
> > that we published today, however I can remove your listing when we do
> > the next update a week from now.
>
> Please remove the listing at your first opportunity.
>

> > The objective of the directory is to make it easy for end users to
> > access information about Intel architecture-based internet solutions.
> > The directory encourages users to visit your web site to learn more.
> >
> > I hope you will reconsider.  Can you please help me understand The
> > Apache Group's concerns.
>
> The group has a problem with the legal agreement that is thrust upon
> us *after* the inclusion of the information. Quite honestly, an unfunded
> and volunteer project has little to gain from your listings. On the
> other hand, Intel has *something* to gain by having a complete listing.
>
> Given the litigous history of Intel, Intel's current charges against
> Randal Schwartz (many of us are Perl programmers) and your legal
> requirements to be included in your catalog, we elect not to be listed.

Well, there's just an outside chanse that RS is a total asswipe and deserves
to be richly screwed for breaking some non-disclosure agreement against a
former employer/collaborator.  This aside, I feel happy with the absolute
statement that "Apache Group don't want to play".  In future however, I'd be
EVEN HAPPIER if we got a copy of the 'official' response given in the Group's
name BEFORE it got sent.  Please can we all be more careful when we elect, or
are elected, to speak on behalf of others?

> Thanks for your attention to this matter.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Randy Terbush
> The Apache HTTP Project

Pleeeease.

Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144