Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajsekhar K <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/14 11:36:07 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] - Reference Guide for CloudStack configuration parameters

Thanks, Pierre-Luc.

I think we can create a new Reference Guide with this information, which
will be a single point of reference to learn about the Apache CloudStack
configuration parameters. I think we can use the wiki for collaborating on
this document. I think the wiki will be helpful in sharing our thoughts,
collecting input,  and reviewing the content.

Thanks,
Rajsekhar

FW: [PROPOSAL] - Reference Guide for CloudStack configuration parameters

Posted by Rajsekhar K <ra...@accelerite.com>.
Hi, All,

I am still waiting for your review comments/thoughts on this categorization of configuration parameters.

Thanks,
Rajsekhar Kunnampally
Senior Product Engineer | Accelerite, Bangalore
Email: rajsekhar.k@accelerite.com<ma...@accelerite.com>

Hi, All,

Please find the wiki page for Apache CloudStack Configuration Parameter Reference Guide at: Apache CloudStack Configuration Parameters Reference Guide - Tasks and Status<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStack+Configuration+Parameters+Reference+Guide+-+Tasks+and+Status>. This wiki describes the information that we need to document for this Reference Guide.

Also, please find the parameters categorized based on their function at: Configuration Parameters in Apache CloudStack - Categorization<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Configuration+Parameters+in+Apache+CloudStack+-+Categorization>. Please review this categorization and share your thoughts. The parameters that are grouped under Others are not categorized. Could you help me categorize these parameters?

Thanks,
Rajsekhar

wrote:

> [...]
> > >    - Scope of the parameter - global, zone-level, or cluster-level.
> > >    - Dependencies among the configuration parameters.
> > >    - Category to which the parameter belongs.
> > >

> > > Will let you know more about this effort as we progress with this
> guide.
> > >
> > > Please find attached the list of CloudStack parameters that are
> > > categorized according to the functional areas they belong to. Could you
> > > please review this list and let me know your review
> comment/confirmation?
> > >
> > > Also, I have a few parameters listed under the heading * Others (To be
> > > categorized)*. Could you please help me categorize these parameters?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Rajsekhar
> > > <cloudstack-config-param-categories.docx>
> > >

> > > Regards.
> > >
> > > Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

FW: [PROPOSAL] - Reference Guide for CloudStack configuration parameters

Posted by Rajsekhar K <ra...@accelerite.com>.
Hi, All,

wrote:

> [...]
> > >    - Scope of the parameter - global, zone-level, or cluster-level.
> > >    - Dependencies among the configuration parameters.
> > >    - Category to which the parameter belongs.
> > >

> > > Will let you know more about this effort as we progress with this
> guide.
> > >
> > > Please find attached the list of CloudStack parameters that are
> > > categorized according to the functional areas they belong to. Could you
> > > please review this list and let me know your review
> comment/confirmation?
> > >
> > > Also, I have a few parameters listed under the heading * Others (To be
> > > categorized)*. Could you please help me categorize these parameters?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Rajsekhar
> > > <cloudstack-config-param-categories.docx>
> > >

> > > Regards.
> > >
> > > Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related

DISCLAIMER

Posted by Rajsekhar K <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi, All,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Looking forward to it, after about 5 years with CloudStack there are still
configuration parameters I don't have the slightest clue what is for.

--
Erik

Posted by Rajsekhar K <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi, All,