Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/24 11:01:16 UTC

Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble

Hi,

I am new to cloud stack,I have installed CentOs 5 of x386 on virtual
machine and followed these steps for installing cloudstack:

1)logged in as root
2)created a file /etc/yum/repos.d/cloudstack.repo
   copied:
 [cloudstack]
name=cloudstack
baseurl=http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.0/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

3)pinged www.cloudstack.org

4)installed ntp

5)Now I am trying to install cloud-client:

This is the message I am getting.

 [root@localhost user]# yum install cloud-client
extras                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00

Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package cloud-client available.
Nothing to do

Please provide a solution ,how to proceed on this.

Regards,
Ekta

Re: Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.
ok , what about your DB..is it installed successfully....

and if installed once again start the mysqld service...

and once check the gateway.. by " #route -n "  and check that whether you
are finding your gateway or not (if not add the gateway firstly and try it
.u may get the UI)..

Regards,
Anil Kumar L

Re: Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
these are the logs available in my "/var/log/cloud" location.....

In setup management log there is same kind of failure everytime.

DEBUG:root:execute:hostname --fqdn
DEBUG:root:execute:mkdir /var/log/cloud-management/

*DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/log/cloud-management/': File exists*

DEBUG:root:execute:service tomcat6 status
*DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:tomcat6 is stopped[  OK  ]*

DEBUG:root:execute:chkconfig --del tomcat6
DEBUG:root:execute:service cloud-management status

*DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:cloud-management dead but pid file existsThe
pid file locates at /var/run/cloud-management.pid and lock file at
/var/lock/subsys/cloud-management.        Starting cloud-management will
take care of them or you can manually clean up.*

DEBUG:root:execute:chkconfig --level 2345 cloud-management on
DEBUG:root:execute:service cloud-management status

*DEBUG:root:Failed to execute:cloud-management dead but pid file existsThe
pid file locates at /var/run/cloud-management.pid and lock file at
/var/lock/subsys/cloud-management.        Starting cloud-management will
take care of them or you can manually clean up.*

DEBUG:root:execute:service cloud-management start

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Geoff Higginbottom < geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> [...]
> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> offers the
> best
> 24/7 SLA for CloudStack Environments.

> **NEW!** CloudStack 4.2.1 training<
> 28th-29th May 2014, Bangalore. Classromm<
> 16th-20th June 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
> 23rd-27th June 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<
> 15th-20th September 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
> 22nd-27th September 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<
> 1st-6th December 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<
> 8th-12th December 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<

> in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
> incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
> Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
> Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@cloudstackguru<https://twitter.com/#!/cloudstackguru>

28th-29th May 2014, Bangalore. Classromm<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
15th-20th September 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
22nd-27th September 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
1st-6th December 2014, Region A. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
8th-12th December 2014, Region B. Instructor led, On-line<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anil,

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jon,

Posted by Jonathan Gowar <jo...@whiteheat.org.uk>.
Hi,

  Firstly, you didn't say whether you downloaded the vhd-util; see
"4.5.3.1. Downloading vhd-util".

Secondly, your URL to download the system VM is malformed.  Use this

# /usr/lib64/cloud/common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt -m /mnt/
secondary -u
http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/acton-systemvm-02062012.vhd.bz2
-h xenserver -s <optional-management-server-secret-key> -F

As per the guide; "4.5.7. Prepare the System VM Template", yours was cut
at "action-".

Lastly, this is the latest guide, for 4.3
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/latest/installation.html

Regards,
Jon

Re: Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I was off for few days. Sorry, This mail is little big , but it was needed
to explain the scenario now....

That #hostname lookup failure is resolved, The problem was with my
installation was :

When I installed Centos 6.5 then I gave localhost.localdomain as ekta.
So it got the localhost but it was not getting the localdomain.

Right now I again installed centos6.5 and resolved this issue of "hostname
lookup failure" by giving the default value

*New:*

I followed this pdf:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.0-incubating/pdf/Installation_Guide/Apache_CloudStack-4.0.0-incubating-Installation_Guide-en-US.pdf

I want to see the dashboard first, then I want cloudstack to be working
with any hypervisor.

These are the steps I performed and *still not able to see the dashboard*

1.)Installed the Database on the Management Server Node
2)Used the Management Server As the NFS Server
3)in # vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
 -A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 111 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 111 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 2049 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p tcp --dport 32803 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s <NETWORK> -m state --state NEW -p udp --dport 32769 -j ACCEPT

<NETWORK>...in this place I have given IP address of the same machine on
which I am installing cloudstack management server.

4)IN # vi /etc/idmapd.conf
I have just uncommented Domain = local.domain.edu

5). Preparing the System VM Template

For this thing I tried to download the vm template but it says ERROR
403:forbidden

[root@localhost ekta]#
/usr/lib64/cloud/common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt
-m /mnt/secondary/ -u http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/acton-
-h xenserver -s -F
--2014-04-01 10:03:05--  http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/acton-
Resolving download.cloud.com... 176.32.99.201
Connecting to download.cloud.com|176.32.99.201|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2014-04-01 10:03:10 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Failed to fetch system vm template from
http://download.cloud.com/templates/acton/acton-
Installation failed
[root@localhost ekta]#

6)I tried both of these options in browser

    http://localhost:8080/client
   http://<management-server-ip-address>:8080/client

but it says "Unable to connect"

*Can't we see the dash board without preparing vm template? *

If I am wrong anywhere ,Please guide me .

Regards,
Ekta

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:48 PM, anil lakineni <

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sandeep khandekar <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anil lakineni <an...@gmail.com>.
1) first of all , install  cloud on 64-bit OS..
2) and follow the steps what you did (use apache cloudstack installation
guide)..
3) and then coming to your error,try to update yum..(#yum update -y)
4) and then follow guide to install ntp and further steps according to
guide..

Re: Error in terminal:No package cloud-client availble

Posted by Ekta Agrawal <ek...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.