Posted to users@camel.apache.org by cgiera <ch...@mic-cust.com> on 2012/09/18 12:49:55 UTC

Second Split in Route is not working

Hello,

I'm trying to get my route working which looks like the following:

The problem I have is that the compiler says "The method beanRef(String,
String) is undefined for the type Object" in the second split:

I replaced the .end() with .endSplit() and so the compiler was happy again,
but then I get a runtime exception:

As you can see I use an older version of camel(2.6.0) and I'm not able to
update to a newer one because of our restriction to Java 5.
Never the less I searched in jira + camel-users and haven't found something
about this problem, so perhaps it isn't fixed in an actual version either.

Can someone please help me?

kind regards,
Christoph

Re: Second Split in Route is not working

Posted by cgiera <ch...@mic-cust.com>.
Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
> Instead of split().method, use split(method)
> eg supply the method call expression as a parameter. That helps the
> compiler.

Yes,

works fine for me. Thank you very, very much!!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:49 PM, cgiera <ch...@mic-cust.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get my route working which looks like the following:
>

> The problem I have is that the compiler says "The method beanRef(String,
> String) is undefined for the type Object" in the second split:
>

> I replaced the .end() with .endSplit() and so the compiler was happy again,
> but then I get a runtime exception:
>

> As you can see I use an older version of camel(2.6.0) and I'm not able to
> update to a newer one because of our restriction to Java 5.
> Never the less I searched in jira + camel-users and haven't found something
> about this problem, so perhaps it isn't fixed in an actual version either.
>
> Can someone please help me?
>
> kind regards,
> Christoph

Claus Ibsen