Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> on 2015/12/02 16:47:09 UTC

IntelliJ license for committers?

I'm aware that IntelliJ has (at least in the past) made licenses
available to committers in bona fide open source projects, and I
recall they did the same for Spark. I believe I'm using that license
now, but it seems to have expired? If anyone knows the status of that
(or of any renewals to the license), I wonder if you could share that
with me, offline of course.

Re: IntelliJ license for committers?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> wrote:

> For IntelliJ I think the free version is sufficient for Spark development.

And I believe anyone with a @apache.org e-mail address can request their
own personal license for InteliJ. That's what  I personally did.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: IntelliJ license for committers?

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
the private@spark list is only available to PMC members[1]. Could we
document somewhere (the IntelliJ section of the wiki[2]?) both the current
point of contact and a list of what happens when things get renewed each
year?

That way we could include either a note that the POC should email the key
to all committers or that committers should reach out to the POC at a given
time?

[1]: PMC members and ASF Members, so Sean O specifically can search the
archives. but that won't solve the general problem.
[2]:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Useful+Developer+Tools#UsefulDeveloperTools-IntelliJ

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Josh Rosen <jo...@databricks.com> wrote:

> Yep, I'm the point of contact between us and JetBrains. I forwarded the
> 2015 license renewal email to the private@ list, so it should be
> accessible via the archives. I'll go ahead and forward you a copy of our
> project license, which will have to be renewed in January of next year.
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, yes I've seen this, though I recall from another project that
>> at some point they said, wait, we already gave your project a license!
>> and I had to track down who had it. I think Josh might be the keeper?
>> Not a big deal, just making sure I didn't miss an update there.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Yin Huai <yh...@databricks.com> wrote:
>> > I think they can renew your license. In
>> > https://www.jetbrains.com/buy/opensource/?product=idea, you can find
>> "Update