Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 03:21:42 UTC

Re: iBatis persistence layer

On 11/30/06, rob <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> we are currently working on various enhancements to Roller internally at
> IBM.  One of the things we have completed is a persistence layer built
> on iBatis (iBatis has an apache license)
>
> We have it functionally complete and tested in mysql, db2 and oracle.
> We are committed to stabilizing the persistence layer further as we
> still have to put it through further testing including a complete
> performance test and rolling it out to the internal blogging community
> at IBM.

Excellent.

> We are willing to make this available to the community if it is of
> interest and have secured management approval to do so.  It was written
> by myself and another developer here at IBM and we are in the process of
> winding our way through the various legal processes here at IBM so that
> we can sign a CLA.
>
> Please let me know if this is of interest to you.

Absolutely! We need an alternative to Hibernate and I've heard nothing
but good things about iBatis, so we should definitely take a close
look at your work.

- Dave

Re: iBatis persistence layer

Posted by rob <ro...@gmail.com>.
Dave wrote:
> Absolutely! We need an alternative to Hibernate and I've heard nothing
> but good things about iBatis, so we should definitely take a close
> look at your work.

Great, I'll let you know when we have legal approval, should be in the
next two weeks or so and then I'll post the files,

Rob