Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2022/07/27 21:15:05 UTC

Re: Experiment: How good is quality of OpenNLP models for various languages.

Hi Leszek,

If you (or anyone else :) train any models that you would like to share, we
would be glad to see about making them available on the "Models Download"
page at https://opennlp.apache.org/models.html. Or we could create a new
page that links to models (such as your GitHub pages) developed by the
community.

Thanks,
Jeff

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 12:56 PM Alexandre Rademaker <ar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good to know. Thank you.
>
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 at 07:03 <le...@interia.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hi Alexandre
> > "Unfortunately" model training for portugese language went without any
> > problems
> >
> > In example:
> > pt-pos-tagger.txt
> > === EVALUATION INFO ===
> > Evaluation-Score=0.9232609658839167
> > Training-Sample-Size=8710
> > Evaluation-Sample-Size=967
> > Training-Algorithm=MAXENT
> >
> > pt-lemmatizer.txt
> > === EVALUATION INFO ===
> > Evaluation-Score=0.9815241470979176
> > Training-Sample-Size=8710
> > Evaluation-Sample-Size=967
> > Training-Algorithm=MAXENT
> >
> --
> Alexandre Rademaker
> http://arademaker.github.com/
> http://researcher.ibm.com/person/br-alexrad

Re: Experiment: How good is quality of OpenNLP models for various languages.

Posted by le...@interia.eu.
Hi Jeff

Lately I created a site with pre-computed models for 15 languages.

https://abzif.github.io/babzel/models.html

I hope it will be useful. It is possible to compute models for other languages if there is a need to do so.
If you link this page from your OpenNLP models page I would be very glad.

Regards
Leszek

Od: "Jeff Zemerick" <jz...@apache.org>
Do: users@opennlp.apache.org;
Wysłane: 23:24 Środa 2022-07-27
Temat: Re: Experiment: How good is quality of OpenNLP models for various languages.

> Hi Leszek,
>
> If you (or anyone else :) train any models that you would like to
share, we
> would be glad to see about making them available on the "Models
Download"
> page at https://opennlp.apache.org/models.html. Or we could create a
new
> page that links to models (such as your GitHub pages) developed by the
> community.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff
>

> On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 12:56 PM Alexandre Rademaker

> wrote:
>
> > Good to know. Thank you.
> >
> > On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 at 07:03  wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Alexandre
> > > "Unfortunately" model training for portugese language went without
any
> > > problems
> > >
> > > In example:
> > > pt-pos-tagger.txt
> > > === EVALUATION INFO ===
> > > Evaluation-Score=0.9232609658839167
> > > Training-Sample-Size=8710
> > > Evaluation-Sample-Size=967
> > > Training-Algorithm=MAXENT
> > >
> > > pt-lemmatizer.txt
> > > === EVALUATION INFO ===
> > > Evaluation-Score=0.9815241470979176
> > > Training-Sample-Size=8710
> > > Evaluation-Sample-Size=967
> > > Training-Algorithm=MAXENT
> > >
> > --
> > Alexandre Rademaker
> > http://arademaker.github.com/
> > http://researcher.ibm.com/person/br-alexrad

Re: Experiment: How good is quality of OpenNLP models for various languages.

Posted by le...@interia.eu.
Hi Jeff

It's a good idea to have some pretrained models available to download.
I thought about setup automatic training for several languages. Maybe on gitlab? However I don't know exactly what they offer.
I will go back to this issue after holidays.

Regards
Leszek

Od: "Jeff Zemerick" <jz...@apache.org>
Do: users@opennlp.apache.org;