Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SuoNayi <su...@163.com> on 2012/11/05 09:32:42 UTC

Where to get more documents or references about sold cloud?

Hi all, there is only one entry about solr cloud on the wiki,http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud.
I have googled a lot and found no more details about solr cloud, or maybe I miss something?

Re: Reply:Re: Where to get more documents or references about sold cloud?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM, SuoNayi <su...@163.com> wrote:

> Thanks jack and thanks for the great country.
> All big famous websites such as google, slideshares and blogspot etc are
> blocked.
> What I want to know about is more details about solrcloud, here is my
> questions:
> 1.Can we control the relocation of shard / replica dynamically?

Don't think so, if you think manually.

> 2.Can we move shard between solr instances?

SolrCloud does this, there is no manual moving option now.

> 3.Is one solr instance related to one shard / replica?

A single shard or a single replica of a shard lives on just 1 Solr server.
 A replica of a shard on server A can and should be on server B.

4.What's the sharding key algorithm?

Hashing on the doc key and # of nodes, I believe.

> 5.Does it support custom sharding key?

Not yet, I believe.

See
http://search-lucene.com/?q=cloud+sharding&fc_project=Solr&fc_type=mail+_hash_+user&fc_type=jira

Otis

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
LucidFind is a searchable archive of Solr documentation and email lists:

http://find.searchhub.org/?q=solrcloud