Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/20 16:06:52 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.0.2

Changes since the last round:

 * Fix raw view document link due to overlealous URI encoding in
   Futon.
 * Spell javascript correctly in loadScript(uri).
 * Preserve purge metadata during compaction to avoid spurious
   view regeneration.
 * Fix spurious conflicts during attachment uploads after a document
   has had a conflict. See COUCHDB-902 for details.
 * Fix multipart GET APIs to always send attachments in compressed
   form when they are compressed on disk. This fixes a bug for
   attachments created via local-local replication. See COUCHDB-1022
   for details.

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
results and vote to this thread.

We are voting on the following release artifacts:

 http://people.apache.org/~davisp/dist/1.0.2/

These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.2 tag in Subversion:

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.2/

Happy voting!

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Jeff Zellner <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

everything passing on Ubuntu 10.10, Erlang 14B01

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.0.2
>
> Changes since the last round:
>
>  * Fix raw view document link due to overlealous URI encoding in
>   Futon.
>  * Spell javascript correctly in loadScript(uri).
>  * Preserve purge metadata during compaction to avoid spurious
>   view regeneration.
>  * Fix spurious conflicts during attachment uploads after a document
>   has had a conflict. See COUCHDB-902 for details.
>  * Fix multipart GET APIs to always send attachments in compressed
>   form when they are compressed on disk. This fixes a bug for
>   attachments created via local-local replication. See COUCHDB-1022
>   for details.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~davisp/dist/1.0.2/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.2 tag in Subversion:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.2/
>
> Happy voting!

+1,

Checked on ubuntu 11.04, openbsd-current, macosx 10.6.6, freebsd 8.1

signatures OK.
js tests OK.
make check OK.

- benoît

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> PLUS ONE

I'm sorry but as outlined clearly in the bylaws of voting [1] your
vote must be formatted specifically as a signed numeral. Otherwise I
might get confused and think you're referring to a medical journal
[2].

HTH,
Paul Joseph Davis

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
[2] http://www.plosone.org/home.action

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
PLUS ONE

sig is valid
checksums match
make check passes
futon tests pass

OS X 10.6.6, erlang R14B01, spidermonkey 1.8.5, icu4c 4.4.1.

B.

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
+1 LGTM Paul.  Impressive amount of stuff in this point release.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 20 Jan 2011, at 16:06, Paul Davis wrote:

> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.0.2
>
> Changes since the last round:
>
> * Fix raw view document link due to overlealous URI encoding in
>   Futon.
> * Spell javascript correctly in loadScript(uri).
> * Preserve purge metadata during compaction to avoid spurious
>   view regeneration.
> * Fix spurious conflicts during attachment uploads after a document
>   has had a conflict. See COUCHDB-902 for details.
> * Fix multipart GET APIs to always send attachments in compressed
>   form when they are compressed on disk. This fixes a bug for
>   attachments created via local-local replication. See COUCHDB-1022
>   for details.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

> http://people.apache.org/~davisp/dist/1.0.2/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.2 tag in Subversion:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.2/
>
> Happy voting!

+1

(Mac OS X 10.6.6, Ubuntu 10.4, multiple browsers, make check, sigs and all)

Great job and thanks for all the hard work everyone!

Cheers
Jan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 07:06, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.0.2
>
> Changes since the last round:
>
>  * Fix raw view document link due to overlealous URI encoding in
>   Futon.
>  * Spell javascript correctly in loadScript(uri).
>  * Preserve purge metadata during compaction to avoid spurious
>   view regeneration.
>  * Fix spurious conflicts during attachment uploads after a document
>   has had a conflict. See COUCHDB-902 for details.
>  * Fix multipart GET APIs to always send attachments in compressed
>   form when they are compressed on disk. This fixes a bug for
>   attachments created via local-local replication. See COUCHDB-1022
>   for details.

> artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the release
> is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release. Please report your
> results and vote to this thread.

>  http://people.apache.org/~davisp/dist/1.0.2/
>
> These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.2 tag in Subversion:
>
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.2/
>
> Happy voting!

+1

GNU/Linux 2.6.35
Erlang R13B03
SpiderMonkey 1.9.2.14~hg20110121r34884
Firefox 4.0b10

Make check: all tests pass
Futon: all tests pass

Yay!

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 27 Jan 2011, at 19:40, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:

> On 27 January 2011 03:23, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The wiki "Installing on Windows" notes this & I've added a link to the
> unofficial builds I did this week if anybody wishes to test it out
> https://github.com/downloads/dch/couchdb/setup-couchdb-1.0.2_otp_R14B01_spidermonkey_1.8.5.exe
>
>>> Sure. But I'm just trying to clarify how we handle this, so that we can apply it to future releases as well. If there's been a minimum required version in the past, we usually put it in the README.
>>>
>>> We have never, to date, included any minimum version information in either the release announcement or on the downloads page. If the community feels that this is important enough in this case to warrant breaking with that convention, then so be it.
>>>
>>> But I'm trying to get a handle on when this is likely to happen again, so that we can ratify it in our release procedure.
>>
>> Of note is that Windows users don't actually care about this for the
>> most part. Its important to remember that the large majority of
>> Windows users will only be downloading the prebuilt binaries.
>> Therefore, seeing as very few people would actually be building
>> CouchDB on Windows, I would just update the README on whatever
>> branches that it requires R14B01.
>
> Agreed - maybe in INSTALL.Windows then.

This is a satisfactory conclusion. Thanks Dave :)

Cheers
Jan

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 26 Jan 2011, at 14:35, Robert Newson wrote:

> I think that rule only applies to live animals.

I'm pretty sure there are restrictions on dead animals too, you know.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by Fedor Indutny <fe...@indutny.com>.
+1

Posted by till <ti...@php.net>.

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@web.de>.
+1

Ubuntu 10.10, Firefox 3.6.13, XULRunner 1.9.2.13,  Erlang R14B01.

make check: all tests pass
Futon: all tests pass
signatures: ok.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
My +1 as well.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Have you got an instance of CouchDB running on the machine you're
testing with? That's usually what causes errors like that.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 01:02, Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there any update on this issue?
>>
>> Seeing as the tests are passing for everyone else for everything as
>> well as the fact that these are the tests that fail when you try
>> running make check with CouchDB running I'll assume it was just that
>> for now.
>
> You assumed correctly...
>
> Sorry for not getting back to you, I wanted to run the in-browser test
> suite as well, didn't get around to it and then left for a skiing
> holiday.
>
> Perhaps the test suite could throw a clearer error message if I have a
> Couch already running, or (even better), run the tests against a Couch
> running on some random port.
>
> Also, I saw 1.0.2 is out now, thanks so much for all the hard work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dirkjan

Yeah, we've been meaning to make those tests use a random port for
tests. Its even a problem for people that run multiple continuous
integration builds simultaneously.

Thanks for testing the release.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 20 Jan 2011, at 15:06, Paul Davis wrote:

> This is the third release vote for Apache CouchDB 1.0.2

+1

Hashes and signature: ok

Comparison with source tag: ok

Updated release files: ok

Successful build: ok

Futon tests: ok

DOIT

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Release engineers are such hard asses.
>
> +1
>
> :P

I haven't even gotten to that chapter in the release engineering
handbook. I must be a natural.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 Release, Round 3

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Release engineers are such hard asses.

+1

:P