Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Matthias Richter <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/29 16:10:26 UTC

How to integrate BPEL-Extension

Hello,

during a students project I am trying to extend BPEL (very similar to
BPEL4People). Now I am wondering how to modify ODE to understand those
extensions. Several questions popped up:

Is there any attempt made to integrate BPEL4People?
And how/where would one start modifying and extending ODE sources?
Is there some architectural view on the system (more detailed than http://ode.apache.org/architectural-overview.html)?
Which parts would have to be changed/extended?
Does an tutorial/how-to exist about ODE extensions?

Thanks for your thoughts about it!

-- Matthias

--------

Matthias Richter

matthiasr@gmail.com
0221 356 46 17
0177 829 16 80
Skype: samma_wk
Jabber / GTalk: matthiasr@gmail.com

Re: How to integrate BPEL-Extension

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
We're currently refactoring the internal data model, once this is
finished I will finish the documentation and put it to the wiki.

Until that you can have a look at the extensions module in trunk to see
how extension activities and assign operations can be implemented. They
can be registered in ode-axis2.properties. However, some interfaces will
change in the next couple of days/weeks.

Best,
  Tammo

Posted by Ivan Trajkovic <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
Just adding a couple of things to Tammo's reply:

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Matthias Richter <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> during a students project I am trying to extend BPEL (very similar to
> BPEL4People). Now I am wondering how to modify ODE to understand those
> extensions. Several questions popped up:
>
> Is there any attempt made to integrate BPEL4People?

It's been mentioned several times and there's definitely interest. Nobody
has had the bandwidth so far but if you're willing to step up I'm sure
you'll find a lot of help.

> And how/where would one start modifying and extending ODE sources?

Have you looked at this?

http://ode.apache.org/building-ode.html

You should definitely target the trunk. I plan a fairly big commit in the
coming days that's been pending for a little while. After that it's only
going to be consolidation toward a trunk release.

> Is there some architectural view on the system (more detailed than
> http://ode.apache.org/architectural-overview.html)?

Unfortunately not. But focused questions are definitely welcome.

> Which parts would have to be changed/extended?

Hopefully none, you should be able to use the BPEL activity extension
mechanism.

> Does an tutorial/how-to exist about ODE extensions?

Not yet but Tammo apparently volunteered :)

Cheers,
Matthieu