Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2013/11/06 14:52:45 UTC

Re: Replicated LevelDB Store filling up memory

Hi Kal,

If your issue was being caused by a slow slave, I've introduced a
change to handle aggregating together replication events on the master
side so that the master's memory does not get impacted by slow slaves.
 The change was in this commit:
https://github.com/apache/activemq/commit/4367ec1b829f46da60bd592a671ea1ebc8aedcd7

And it's available in this build, incase you want to test:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/5.10-SNAPSHOT/apache-activemq-5.10-20131106.134045-17-bin.tar.gz

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM, kal123 <kp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 2 slaves and 1 master running and using persistent messges.  The
> master's memory usage is going high.
> The following are the objects i see building up:
> byte: 2.77G
> LinkedList:235MB  (9.8 mil instances)
> org.apache.activemq.leveldb.replicated.FileTransferFrame:78.7M (2.45 mil.
> instances)
> ..ReplicationFrame:59.7M (2.49 mil instances)
>
> Could the number of FileTransferFrame indicate that its waiting to sync to
> slaves, issue with slaves?
>
> Why would slave be not getting synced fast enough.. or very slow to sync?
> we see same issue when quorum_disk is used as well?

Hiram Chirino

Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo