Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Laurentiu Trica <la...@finalfolder.biz> on 2011/03/09 12:16:57 UTC

Best practice when choosing configuration between test and production server

Hello,

I'm using Camel with Servicemix and I have a hard time managing the test and
production server configurations for endpoints.
Is there a way to go in this cases?
I mean, I have different route details for test and production servers, so I
have to constantly pay attention when deploying.
And this is a stopper for automatic testing my application.

Any piece of information is welcomed!
Thank you.

--
Laurentiu Trica
Software Developer             Mobile: (+40) 722 329318

This message can contain privileged or confidential information and it is
intended only for addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly
prohibited.

Re: Best practice when choosing configuration between test and production server

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

you should use properties for the endpoint urls or for parts of them.
Often it is also a good idea to split spring contexts into a fixed part
and a part that is different for the stages.

In the test project deploy your test properties in src/test/resources.
In the server then deploy your real properties on the classpath. I have
also seen projects that use a -D variable for starting the server. So
for example
they have -Dstage=prod to indicate te production system. Then they can
use this property in the spring config to load different property files.

Christian

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de