Posted to user@spark.apache.org by zarzyk <k....@gmail.com> on 2014/07/04 09:33:04 UTC

Re: Spark Streaming on top of Cassandra?

Hi,
I bump this thread as I'm also interested in the answer. Can anyone help or
point to the information on how to do Spark Streaming from/to Cassandra?

Thanks!
Zarzyk

Re: Spark Streaming on top of Cassandra?

Posted by Cesar Arevalo <ce...@zephyrhealthinc.com>.
Hi Zarzyk:

If I were you, just to start, I would look at the following:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/spark-users/htQQA3KidEQ
http://www.slideshare.net/planetcassandra/south-bay-cassandrealtime-analytics-using-cassandra-spark-and-shark-at-ooyala
http://spark-summit.org/2014/talk/using-spark-streaming-for-high-velocity-analytics-on-cassandra

Best,
-Cesar

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
hi. I have a spark streaming -> cassandra application which you can
probably borrow pretty easily.

You can always rewrite a part of it in java if you need to , or else, you
can just use scala (see the blog post below if you want a java style dev
workflow w/ scala using intellij)/

This application implements a spark stream w twitter and ETLs it into
either a file queue or cassandra (see the commented out cassandra snippet).

https://github.com/jayunit100/SparkStreamingApps/blob/master/src/main/scala/sparkapps/ctakes/CTakesTwitterStreamingApp.scala

Cassandra sink works really well with the spark context compile time
bindings .

Maybe just clone this repo down and use it as a blueprint :) There is a
blog post here about how to set up your IDE

so that the dev workflow is very similar to that of standard java
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com/2014/07/set-up-spark-application-devleopment.html

good luck !.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 4:24 PM, tshah77 <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can some one provide example of Spark Streaming using Java?
>
> I have cassandra running but did not configure spark but would like to
> create Dstream.
>
> Thanks

jay vyas

Re: Spark Streaming on top of Cassandra?

Posted by Cesar Arevalo <ce...@zephyrhealthinc.com>.
Hi Zarzyk: