Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by William Lieurance <wi...@namikoda.com> on 2018/01/17 06:49:26 UTC

Recent test failures with Extensions

Hi there.

I've been looking into the recent test failures on the extensions builds [1] and I think I've got a pretty good handle on it.   Check out https://github.com/peculater/incubator-tamaya-extensions/compare/NOJIRA-test-idempotency?w=1 for what I think is happening there.  There are two fixes described in that commit:

First, the CDIAwareServiceContextTest now uses the same Arquillian
backing as various other successful tests.

Second, the ConfiguredVetoExtensionTest is now more idempotent with respect
to the ConfigurationProvider.  Previously, it would leave the shared
ConfigurationProvider pointing at the mocked ConfigurationContext, which
caused other tests (specifically ConfiguredBTest) which rely on a valid
ConfigurationContext to fail.

After making these changes, the tests run successfully for me consistently.  I don't see a jira ticket for the errors, but am happy to update my commit messages if I missed one.  I also probably need to sign whatever contributor forms are relevant for this project.

Thoughts?
--William Lieurance

1.  Example from yesterday: https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Tamaya/job/Tamaya-Extensions-Master/1317/org.apache.tamaya.ext$tamaya-cdi/#showFailuresLink

Re: Recent test failures with Extensions

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Great stuff. Glad to see the Tamaya team grow. And with a company that
seems to deal with configuration a lot it might also broaden the user base.
If that continues it may also increase chances of graduation.

Cheers,
Werner

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.

Posted by William Lieurance <wi...@namikoda.com>.
Yay!  Glad I could help out.

I'm super happy to wander through to code or help out with jira issues as I find them.  I'll make comments as I go?  TAMAYA-296 seemed simple enough, so I put in some patches that I think cover what's needed.

Yes, I'm on the developer list.  Reading through the last couple months of archives is really informative.

Thanks!
William

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Dear William,

Posted by William Lieurance <wi...@namikoda.com>.
Hi Phil,

I've updated my branch and uploaded a patch to TAMAYA-324.  I've also submitted my ICLA to secretary@apache.org.  Hopefully that's sufficient. :-)

Otherwise I'm excited about JSR-382 and Tamaya's server option.  I don't have any pressing issues currently, but am happy to help with some of the backlog.  I've got a 2018 goal to contribute more to projects I like.  Any places you'd recommend I start?

--William

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi William,