Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thorsten Vogel <tv...@web.de> on 2004/08/12 09:26:43 UTC

[email] Issue with cid URLs (Re-post)

Hi devs,

sorry, but the previous email had a bad subject i only noticed after sending.
I'll stick to the protocol from now on :)

I have checked out and tested the commons-email package and would like to
start using it.
Everything is really great so far, but i found a issue with some email clients
not accepting an encoded "cid:" url. I believe this is due to the fact that
you are using RandomStringUtils.randomAscii, which may sometimes also return a
single quote ' or double quote " (all within ascii range 32-126), and this
breaks the HTML code.
E.g. Lotus Notes and Apple Mail clients do not display embedded images
correctly.

I fixed it by using RandomStringUtils.randomAlphabetic in the .embed()
function in HtmlEmail.java.

Is there anything already known about this? Should i submit a patch? It looks
like the original developers are no longer in charge.

Thanks,
Thorsten

Re: [email] Issue with cid URLs (Re-post)

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Please attach any patches to bugzilla where they can be reviewed. You will
need the sandbox component for email - prefix the bugzilla subject by
[email].
Stephen