Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/06/20 08:39:54 UTC

[Falcon][FlexJS] Help with finishing the maven migration

Hi,

I have finished migrating Falcon to Maven and all except the XML framework module of ASJS seem to be migrated too. I do need some help with getting the examples up and running and finding out why the js version of XML isn't working. I know that it worked a few days/1-2 weeks ago, but I have no idea why it's no longer working. A lot seems to have been changed with the configuration of the JS builds, so I would like to ask the people working on this to have a look.

As you all have the Ant environment variables in place, you shouldn't need to do anything on that side, all you need to do is download Maven and make sure the bin directory is on the path.

Then the following commands should built the individual parts of FlexJS

In the falcon root directory:

mvn -s settings-template.xml -P utils clean install

mvn -s settings-template.xml -P compiler clean install

(Add "-DskipTests" to skip tests)

mvn -s settings-template.xml -P externs clean install

In the ASJS root directory:

mvn -s settings-template.xml clean install

If you want to see what the compiler is doing, the plugin generates the configs for all build steps in the "target" directory of each module. I am not adding any other commandline arguments besides the location of the configuration so you can be sure that the config.xml contains all important settings.

If you find something that's missing or wrong, I'll adjust the templates or add some more config options (I am planning on supporting all options, but till now I only implemented the ones that are actually needed for the build)

Chris

AW: AW: [Falcon][FlexJS] Help with finishing the maven migration

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Here the complete list of problems I'm having:

ChartExample:

VerifyError: Error #1032: Cpool index 0 is out of range 1847.

at org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/addedToParent()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/addElement()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/initialize()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/initHandler()

CordovaCameraExample:

VerifyError: Error #1079: Native methods are not allowed in loaded code.

(Airglobal is not in the library-path)

CreateJSExample:

- Seems to be working nicely

DataBindingExample:

TypeError: Error #1006: value is not a function.

at MyInitialView()

at org.apache.flex.utils::MXMLDataInterpreter$/generateMXMLObject()

at org.apache.flex.utils::MXMLDataInterpreter$/generateMXMLProperties()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/generateMXMLAttributes()

at DataBindingExample()

DataBindingExample_as:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at org.apache.flex.html.beads::ContainerView/set strand()

at org.apache.flex.core::UIBase/addBead()

at org.apache.flex.core::UIBase/addedToParent()

at org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/addedToParent()

at org.apache.flex.core::UIBase/addElement()

at org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/addElement()

at MyInitialView/get MXMLDescriptor()

at org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/addedToParent()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/addElement()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/initialize()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/initHandler()

DataBindingExample_Flat:

TypeError: Error #1006: value is not a function.

at MyInitialView()

at org.apache.flex.utils::MXMLDataInterpreter$/generateMXMLObject()

at org.apache.flex.utils::MXMLDataInterpreter$/generateMXMLProperties()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/generateMXMLAttributes()

at DataBindingExample()

DataGridExample:

- Seems to be working but looking a little strange

DesktopMap:

VerifyError: Error #1079: Native methods are not allowed in loaded code.

(Airglobal is not in the library-path)

FlexJSStore:
Not building due to Ambiguous MouseEvent

FlexJSStore_jquery:
Not building due to Ambiguous MouseEvent

FlexWebsiteStatsViewer:
Not building due to Ambiguous MouseEvent

HelloWorld:
- Seems to be working nicely

MapSearch:
VerifyError: Error #1079: Native methods are not allowed in loaded code.
(Airglobal is not in the library-path)

MobileTrader:
Not building due to
Implicit coercion of a value with static type Event to a possibly unrelated type Event.

StorageExample:
Not building due to
Ambiguous reference to IDataInput

TodoListSampleApp:
- Seems to be working but looking a little strange as the labels are all "[object Object]"

TreeExample:
- Seems to be working nicely

So we're up to 5 Working examples ... this is 5 more than this morning :-)

Just as an example I created a screenshot from the dependency graph for the FlexJSStore project:
http://apaste.info/ReG
[http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo.gif]<http://apaste.info/ReG>

Paste #ReG - Apache Paste Bucket<http://apaste.info/ReG>
apaste.info

Chris

________________________________
Ok so I had to add some more dependencies but now I'm getting an error that's not related to missing classes I guess:

TypeError: Error #1006: value is not a function.

at MyInitialView()

at org.apache.flex.utils::MXMLDataInterpreter$/generateMXMLObject()

at org.apache.flex.utils::MXMLDataInterpreter$/generateMXMLProperties()

at org.apache.flex.core::Application/generateMXMLAttributes()

at DataBindingExample()

Any Idea on this one?

Chris

________________________________

I think I got same error a while ago. Maybe comments will help from my jira
[1]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-34892

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

AW: AW: [Falcon][FlexJS] Help with finishing the maven migration

Re: AW: [Falcon][FlexJS] Help with finishing the maven migration

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok so I made sure the js-extern is added to the external library path of all modules, but it seems that I still am getting the same error message:

VerifyError: Error #1079: Native methods are not allowed in loaded code.

Would be grateful for some help to what's causing this.

Chris

Re: [Falcon][FlexJS] Help with finishing the maven migration

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Ok will look into it.

Sent from my LG G3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone