Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ra...@huawei.com> on 2011/08/11 11:31:47 UTC

Process RIT for META and ROOT- Do we really need to wait for timeout period?

Hi,

If META is under transition and the current state in Znode for META is
RS_ZK_OPENING.  As part of ProcessRegionsinTransition we wait for the
Timeout monitor to take care.  The same is applicable for any region.

But is it needed for the ROOT and META also to wait for that much time.
This will block all the operations and the system becomes idle till
timoutmonitor deducts it.

That too if my timeout wait time is going to be 1800000

Can this be improved?

Regards

Ram

Re: Process RIT for META and ROOT- Do we really need to wait for timeout period?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
.META. region isn't moved by load balancer.
FYI