Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2003/11/09 21:06:12 UTC

OT: svn.collab.net hosting for Subissue project (tigris.org)

Hi,

I am part of the Subissue project on tigris.org, and was talking with
Peter.  I asked him about moving the repository to Subversion, and said
that tigris.org does not provide Subversion hosting.

Whom should I contact to request or beg an import of the Subissue CVS
repository :)

Thanks !
François
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/

Re: OT: svn.collab.net hosting for Subissue project (tigris.org)

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.
On 10 Nov 2003 08:57:49 -0600, "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>
said:
> "Francois Beausoleil" <fb...@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
> > Yes, I was talking about hosting.
> >
> > Why are TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN hosted on collab.net ?  Subissue is also
> > related to Subversion, by the fact that it will be the back-end for an
> > issue tracking service.
>
> I'm not sure what Karl was talking about.  If you already have a CVS
> repository on tigris.org, and you want to switch your
> Subversion-related project to a Subversion repository on
> svn.collab.net, we're happy to set you up.  I'm guessing that you
> don't have physical access to your CVS repos, so just send me a list
> of committers and their passwords.  Usernames *must* be tigris.org
> username, and passwords are plaintext or htpasswd-ready (Basic auth,
> short form).

That's exactly what I was talking about.

> BUT PLEASE NOTE: The Chicago CollabNet folks (guardians of
> svn.collab.net) -- myself included -- do *not* have time to perform
> this setup this week.  Besides, we'd have to dump and re-load your

Fair enough.  I'm not ready this week either.

> repository again anyway after Subversion 0.33 comes out, because there
> will be a filesystem schema change therein.  So, why don't you spend
> the next week or so making your total output surpass that of the
> average SourceForge project so that I feel better about this
> future investment of my time. :-)

Again, fair enough.  Will do, and when I have a few hundred revisions,
I'll ask again :)

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Yes, I was talking about hosting.

Why are TortoiseSVN and RapidSVN hosted on collab.net ?  Subissue is also
related to Subversion, by the fact that it will be the back-end for an
issue tracking service.

Now, where did I put those CVS books ?  I much prefer SVN :)

Thanks !
François

Posted by kf...@collab.net.