Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/22 11:25:46 UTC

Re: [MyFaces] Get rid of "ALT attribute is missing" warnings for images

Hi,

j_id2 is the clientId of the h:graphicImage component. However this id does
not have to be rendered for images, thus you don't find it in the HTML.

Just set the alt attribute on the image and the warning will be gone. This
attribute should IMO always be set (especially when thinking about users
with visual impairment). However on MyFaces core 2.0.x the warning will be
gone if you're in ProjectStage = Production.

Regards,
Jakob

2010/7/22 schneidc <si...@gmx.de>

> Hi,
>
> I always get this kind of warnings when browsing through the pages of my
> application:
>
> [22.07.10 10:12:46:578 CEST] 00003c0b HtmlImageRend W
> org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlImageRendererBase
> encodeEnd ALT attribute is missing for : j_id12
>
> The strange thing for me is that the HTML of the pages doesn't contain the
> ids mention in the console output.
>
> Has anybody an idea whats causing these warnings and how I could get rid of
> them warnings?
>
> Regards
> Simon

Jakob Korherr

blog: http://www.jakobk.com
work: http://www.irian.at

Re: [MyFaces] Get rid of "ALT attribute is missing" warnings for images

Posted by schneidc <si...@gmx.de>.
Thanks for the tipp, adding alt attributes to the images helped.