Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> on 2016/04/01 17:07:23 UTC

Re: Developer's webcast for Quarks

I think I need 20 minutes.

Susan

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Samantha Chan <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I have created this Google Hangout on Air event:
> https://plus.google.com/events/c4v0hjbefda5vcfceffllgncv2k
>
> I created the event, using time in my timezone.  Please check that it shows
> up correctly in PST as well.
>
> This is the main Google+ page for Apache Quarks where this event is listed:
> https://plus.google.com/116214046787090010453
>
> Please let me know what you think!
>
> Thanks!
> Samantha

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for setting this up!  It appears that the time shows up correctly
in PST: Wed, Apr 13, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.

Kathy

Re: Developer's webcast for Quarks

Posted by Alex Cook <ac...@umn.edu>.
I think this is a good question. Since this event is organized by the contributors and committers, My opinion would be that it couldn't be any more part of the community at this point.

That being said, if we don't meet the requirements of being part of the community for some reason, we probably need approval based on this example from your link:

"Thus, giving a talk on Apache Foo at your local technology get-together requires no approval, while organising "An evening with Apache Foo" as an event open to the public does require approval."

Thanks,

Alex

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com>.

> > Can each of the presenters send out how much time they need for their
> > presentation?  So we can see how much time we need?
> >
> > Thanks...
> > Samantha

I should need 5 minutes at most for the introduction.  I plan to just
introduce the purpose of the event, agenda and presenters.  I'll leave all
of the discussion on Quarks to Dan.

Kathy

Re: Developer's webcast for Quarks

Posted by William Marshall <wc...@gmail.com>.
I'd expect my portion should run about 30 minutes.