Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2018/09/20 06:44:08 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Servicecomb (incubating) as a TLP

Hi!

after an enthusiastic discussion with the community:
 https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/3fe85fb22cd1fd2c4e4a2370c03a453448a1ea12735d1e136cae6e79@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
culminating with a positive vote:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/53f73695f8b504d1ed52e837cff9b8877e98c8a9c88668fc25188aca@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
we'd like to bring this to a discussing at the IPMC.

Please see the proposed resolution below and let us
know what do you think.

A few  stats to help with the discussion:

Now we have the developer team[3] from Huawei, Talend, Stealth,
Hyperpilot, RedHat, JingDong,Tencent, Syswin, PICC, Changhong,
Cainiao.

3300+ commits on development of three subproject.
1350+ PRs on the Github
171 contributors
800+ issues created
700+ issues resolved

dev has 113 subscribers
208 emails sent by 28 people, divided into 30 topics in last month

Please check out Apache Maturity Model Assessment for ServiceComb[4]
for more information.

[1]https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8e59fef1a9eae9ee90808114b3abbdfdf8c6f24442d7575ee04f5100@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
[2]https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/2d1e7f17f15fc8ec0d4d293798991e93127534be9cc13334336d228f@%3Cdev.servicecomb.apache.org%3E
[3]https://servicecomb.incubator.apache.org/developers/team/
[4]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SERVICECOMB/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+ServiceComb

Thanks,
Roman.

Establish the Apache ServiceComb Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to a microservice framework that provides a set of tools and
components to make development and deployment of cloud applications
easier.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache ServiceComb Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache ServiceComb Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to a
microservice framework that provides a set of tools and components to
make development and deployment of cloud applications easier; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ServiceComb" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
ServiceComb Project, and to have primary responsibility for management
of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache
ServiceComb Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache ServiceComb
Project:

* Aray Chenchu Sukesh <ac...@apache.org>
* Bao Liu <li...@apache.org>
* Eric Lee <er...@apache.org>
* Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@apache.org>
* Jimin Wu <wu...@apache.org>
* Linzhinan <ze...@apache.org>
* Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>
* Qi Zhang <qi...@apache.org>
* Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>
* Timothy Chen <tn...@apache.org>
* Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>
* Yang Bo <ya...@apache.org>
* Yihua Cui <li...@apache.org>
* Yin Xiang <se...@apache.org>
* Zheng Feng <zh...@apache.org>
* zhengyangyong <zh...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Willem Ning Jiang be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceComb, to serve
in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache ServiceComb Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
ServiceComb podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
ServiceComb podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Servicecomb (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Servicecomb (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

+1, It's a great podling.

Regards
Liang

Roman Shaposhnik-2 wrote

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:44 AM Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Please see the proposed resolution below and let us
> know what do you think...

+1 to the graduation and to the resolution.

> ...Please check out Apache Maturity Model Assessment for ServiceComb[4]
> for more information...

Great example, I found it quite useful in assessing how the podling operates!

Added to the examples at
https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html

-Bertrand

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
congratulations!

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> * Yang Bo <ya...@apache.org>
> * Yihua Cui <li...@apache.org>
> * Yin Xiang <se...@apache.org>
> * Zheng Feng <zh...@apache.org>
> * zhengyangyong <zh...@apache.org>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Willem Ning Jiang be
> appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache ServiceComb, to serve
> in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
> Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
> retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
> appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache ServiceComb Project be and hereby is tasked
> with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> ServiceComb podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> ServiceComb podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are

Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Servicecomb (incubating) as a TLP

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.
+1 . Glad to see you are ready to graduate.

------------------
Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

I'm mentor on the Servicecomb podling. Guys did and are still doing a
great work to build and expand the community.
By itself the project moves pretty fast on the three subprojects.

It's a great podling and I think we are ready for graduation.

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org