Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org> on 2006/12/11 02:24:16 UTC

firewall and tarpit spamming clients

All:

I've updated my firewall-from-sendmail-logs script, and incorporated
labrea to tarpit as many of the offenders as possible.

  http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/antispam/spammer-firewall

Sendmail and Linux iptables only; if anyone ports it to other popular
firewall languages or MTA log formats I'd be happy to host those
versions as well.

Note that this is reactive, not proactive. It firewalls clients that
sendmail is already blocking via MTA-level DNS RBLs and Greet_Pause in
an attempt to reduce the load on the mail infrastructure (MTA, DNS,
SA) by blocking traffic from repeat offenders.

  It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or
  religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own
  folly.                                              -- Henry George
 5 days until Bill of Rights day