Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dh...@curvet.net on 2003/12/22 08:53:11 UTC

postgresql error

Hello all

                 How was week end  and i am posting postgresql question please help me solve this problem

I am connecting postgresql and inserting some data and i made in pb_hdb.conf file to host all all 127.0.0.0 a   trust

and postgresql.conf  to tcpip_socket =1

pls
help me solve the problem

Regards
Dhayalan.G
[root@localhost root]# java HelloPostgresql test root ""

***Exception:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
        at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.openConnection(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:204)
        at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:139)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
        at HelloPostgresql.<init>(HelloPostgresql.java:21)
        at HelloPostgresql.main(HelloPostgresql.java:102)

Re: postgresql error

Posted by James Neville <ja...@babcockbrown.com>.
The postmaster needs to be started with the -i flag to accept TCP/IP
connections.
Check the Postgres documentation.

James.