Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2005/05/07 02:03:10 UTC

Re: svn commit: r14590 - trunk

kfogel@tigris.org wrote:

>+There is a somewhat looser voting system for areas that are not core
>+code, and that may have fewer experts available to review changes (for
>+example, tools/, packages/, bindings/, test scripts, etc).  A change
> in these areas can go in with a +1 from a full committer or a partial
> committer for that area, at least one +0 or "concept +1" from any
> other committer, and no vetoes.  (If a change affects the build

Does this mean that r14046+r14070+r14301 count as approved for 1.2? How
about r14280?

I'd love to merge those changes to the release branch...

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r14590 - trunk

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
kfogel@collab.net wrote:

>Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
>

>>kfogel@tigris.org wrote:
>>

>>>+There is a somewhat looser voting system for areas that are not core
>>>+code, and that may have fewer experts available to review changes (for
>>>+example, tools/, packages/, bindings/, test scripts, etc).  A change
>>>in these areas can go in with a +1 from a full committer or a partial
>>>committer for that area, at least one +0 or "concept +1" from any
>>>other committer, and no vetoes.  (If a change affects the build
>>>

>>Does this mean that r14046+r14070+r14301 count as approved for 1.2?
>>How about r14280?
>>
>>I'd love to merge those changes to the release branch...
>>

>Well, I meant my commit to be descriptive, not prescriptive.  Do *you*
>think those test suite changes should be able to go into the release
>with fewer votes than a core change? :-)

Yes.

>I haven't looked at them in detail myself.  But if you and Fitz have,
>and Max has looked at at least some of them, I'm comfortable with the
>merge.  I'd be surprised if anyone were to object.  Why don't you try
>it and see?  (Then when everyone else comes down on you like some sort
>of Spanish Inquisition, I can just whistle innocently.)

Fine. I'm tweaking my .procmailrc to forward the hate mail to you.

-- Brane

Re: svn commit: r14590 - trunk

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
> kfogel@tigris.org wrote:
> >+There is a somewhat looser voting system for areas that are not core
> >+code, and that may have fewer experts available to review changes (for
> >+example, tools/, packages/, bindings/, test scripts, etc).  A change
> > in these areas can go in with a +1 from a full committer or a partial
> > committer for that area, at least one +0 or "concept +1" from any
> > other committer, and no vetoes.  (If a change affects the build
>
> Does this mean that r14046+r14070+r14301 count as approved for 1.2?
> How about r14280?
>
> I'd love to merge those changes to the release branch...

Well, I meant my commit to be descriptive, not prescriptive.  Do *you*
think those test suite changes should be able to go into the release
with fewer votes than a core change? :-)

I haven't looked at them in detail myself.  But if you and Fitz have,
and Max has looked at at least some of them, I'm comfortable with the
merge.  I'd be surprised if anyone were to object.  Why don't you try
it and see?  (Then when everyone else comes down on you like some sort
of Spanish Inquisition, I can just whistle innocently.)

-Karl

Re: svn commit: r14590 - trunk

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> writes:

> kfogel@tigris.org wrote:
>
>>+There is a somewhat looser voting system for areas that are not core
>>+code, and that may have fewer experts available to review changes (for
>>+example, tools/, packages/, bindings/, test scripts, etc).  A change
>> in these areas can go in with a +1 from a full committer or a partial
>> committer for that area, at least one +0 or "concept +1" from any
>> other committer, and no vetoes.  (If a change affects the build
>>
> Does this mean that r14046+r14070+r14301 count as approved for 1.2?
> How about r14280?
>
> I'd love to merge those changes to the release branch...

I haven't voted for them because I don't have a windows box to test
them experimentally, and they are a bit too big to form an opinion
just by reading the changes.  The best I can say is that they don't
break my Linux build on the trunk.

If we don't have enough developers who feel able to vote on Windows
specific changes perhaps we need to a) recruit, or b) lower the bar?

--
Philip Martin