Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Slava Imeshev <im...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/13 20:40:40 UTC

IBATIS and mulit-vendor development (Oracle/Derby)

Hello everyone,

I have a question. What facilities does iBatis provide to support multi-db
vendor development. In other words, is it possible to develop an application
with iBatis to support seamless switch between various DB platforms (Oracle and
Derby in my case)?

I am asking because in general SQL dialects are somewhat different and
resorting to a least common denominator dialect is undesirable.

Thank you.

Slava Imeshev

Re: IBATIS and mulit-vendor development (Oracle/Derby)

Posted by Slava Imeshev <im...@yahoo.com>.
Guido,

Thanks for the tip!

Slava