Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/18 03:55:10 UTC

Error in logfile after changing default directories???

Hi Everyone,

After changing the default directory in my server.xml
file I receieved the following error message in my
localhost_test_log.2002.06.17.txt log file.

2002-06-17 18:29:48 ContextConfig[]: Missing
application web.xml, using defaults only

2002-06-17 18:29:48 Internal Error: File
/WEB-INF/web.xml not found

How would a missing web.xml affect my application?
How do I correct this problem?

The default website does change to the proper website
but I'm concerned about this error.

I've also looked through where the web.xml file is
placed for the examples directory and replicated the
position of the web.xml file for my default directory,
but it still gives me the error message in my log
file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!