Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2007/04/03 00:57:06 UTC

[all] docs on doing maven2 releases

Guys,

Do we already have docs on how to do commmons releases with maven2
somewhere?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [math] towards a 1.2 release (was docs on doing maven2 releases)

Posted by Brent Worden <br...@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/07, Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/4/07, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> > Phil Steitz wrote:
> >

> You were only in the "Jira User" group - I've added a "committer role"
> for Commons Math issues for you which should get you going for the
> time being as I'm not sure what groups/roles people should get - but
> I'll start a separate thread for that.
>
> Niall
>
> > Luc

In the meantime, I assigned the issue to you.

Re: [math] towards a 1.2 release (was docs on doing maven2 releases)

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Re: [all] docs on doing maven2 releases

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 4/3/07, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> Phil Steitz wrote:
> > Yeah, assuming the m2's work.  Its probably best in each case to post
> > something like
> > [foo] moving to m2
> > and make sure that nobody screams, all are OK with the pom can get the
> > build to work, etc., before moving the associated nightly and
> > "deprecating" the m1 build (to be removed in next release).  I was
> > planning something like that for [math].
>
> It would be really nice if you could do that for [math].

Will do.  I have also been looking at the *great* progress getting the
Mantissa stuff in and will propose that we move to a 1.2 release.
Looks about ready to bundle up in terms of contents previously
discussed, other than the setter injection stuff that I will add.  Do
you feel like putting together a release plan?

Phil

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Torsten,

On 4/4/07, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:

> it looks like the repository from the profile is not getting
> selected. Instead the artifacts are getting copied in the default

as far as I remember, -Prc was for uploading a snapshot release.
You've got to use -Prelease.

Jochen

--
My cats know that I am a loser who goes out for hunting every day
without ever returning as much as a single mouse. Fortunately, I've

Re: [all] docs on doing maven2 releases

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
So I got further. So it looks like this

   mvn -Prc release:prepare
   mvn -Prc release:perform -Dgpg.passphrase=... -Darguments="-
Dgpg.passphrase=..."

almost does the job. Builds and prepares the whole thing. Even does
the upload BUT
...I cannot find the artifacts in the remote repo (but in my local
one). Looking at the output

     [INFO] [deploy:deploy]
     altDeploymentRepository = null
     Uploading: /org/apache/commons/commons-jci-core/1.0-RC1/commons-
jci-core-1.0-RC1.jar
     4/26K
     8/26K
     12/26K
     16/26K
     20/26K
     24/26K
     26/26K
     26K uploaded
     [INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from dummy
     [INFO] Uploading repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core'
     [INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from dummy
     [INFO] Uploading project information for commons-jci-core 1.0-RC1
     Uploading: /org/apache/commons/commons-jci-core/1.0-RC1/commons-
jci-core-1.0-RC1-sources.jar
     4/28K
     8/28K
     12/28K

and the parent POM

   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/2/
commons-parent-2.pom

it looks like the repository from the profile is not getting
selected. Instead the artifacts are getting copied in the default
'dummy' one. Plus I am not seeing any gpg processing. Somehow seems
the profile is getting ignored.

Am I just too tired and should hit the sack ...or what am I missing?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [all] docs on doing maven2 releases

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 03.04.2007, at 01:34, Phil Steitz wrote:

> On 4/2/07, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Do we already have docs on how to do commmons releases with maven2
>> somewhere?
>>

> No.  Once [dbcp] is out (pushing it out as we speak), do we expect any
> more 1.x releases?  If not, we should just update the "releasing" docs
> to m2.

 From looking at the parent pom I tried

  mvn -Prc clean install -Dgpg.passphrase=...
  mvn -Prc release:clean release:prepare
  mvn -Prc release:perform -Dcommons.deployment.protocol=scpexe

But the release:perform failed :-/ ...well, off to bed for now.

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: [all] docs on doing maven2 releases