Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/03/13 17:29:53 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating)

Hi!

We've got positive feedback on the DISCUSS thread, I'd like to start an
official VOTE thread now.

Please vote on the resolution pasted below to graduate Apache
ShardingSphere from the incubator to the Top Level Project.

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache ShardingSphere from the Incubator.
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache ShardingSphere from the Incubator because ...

This vote will open for at least 72 hours.

Many thanks to our mentors and everyone else for their support.

Establish the Apache ShardingSphere Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to Apache ShardingSphere is an ecosystem consisted of a set of
distributed database middleware solutions, including 2 independent
products, Sharding-JDBC, Sharding-Proxy. They all provide functions of
data sharding, distributed transaction, database and data governance,
applicable in a variety of situations such as Java isomorphism and
heterogeneous language..

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache ShardingSphere Project", be and hereby
is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache ShardingSphere Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to
Apache ShardingSphere is an ecosystem consisted of a set of distributed
database middleware solutions, including 2 independent products,
Sharding-JDBC, Sharding-Proxy. They all provide functions of data
sharding, distributed transaction, database and data governance,
applicable in a variety of situations such as Java isomorphism and
heterogeneous language.; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache ShardingSphere" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
ShardingSphere Project, and to have primary responsibility for
management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the
Apache ShardingSphere Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache ShardingSphere
Project:

 * Craig L Russell   <cl...@apache.org>
 * Hao Cao           <ca...@apache.org>
 * Hongjun Du        <co...@apache.org>
 * Hongtao Gao       <ha...@apache.org>
 * Juan Pan          <pa...@apache.org>
 * Jun Zhao          <zh...@apache.org>
 * Liang Zhang       <zh...@apache.org>
 * QingYang Chen     <ch...@apache.org>
 * Sheng Wu          <wu...@apache.org>
 * Von Gosling       <vo...@apache.org>
 * Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>
 * Xiaoguang Ma      <ma...@apache.org>
 * Yang Yi           <ya...@apache.org>
 * Yonglun Zhang     <zh...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Liang Zhang be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache ShardingSphere, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache ShardingSphere Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
ShardingSphere podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
ShardingSphere podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

------------------

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Re: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating)

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

-Gon

--
Byung-Gon Chun

Re: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating)

Posted by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com>.
+1 ( binding )

回复:Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache ShardingSphere (incubating)

Posted by Liu Ted <te...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@cs.washington.edu>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX & Apache SkyWalking
Twitter: _WenMing

lidong dai <da...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月14日周六 上午9:11写道:

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (not binding).

Best Regards,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
IoTDB (Incubator) PPMC

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (not binding)

Best Regards
---------------

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding.

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi,

We discuss in thread [1] and obtain consistency to update the description
of the project:

Apache ShardingSphere related to a database clustering system providing
data sharding, distributed transactions, and distributed database
management.

I will update the description to the board.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rc8319ca419b347c82d79b8cb5f72b20b9e6713a18f6f01dbecf26512%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

------------------

Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月16日周一 下午5:22写道:

Posted by Gosling Von <fe...@gmail.com>.
+1, binding

Posted by tan zhongyi <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Best wishes.

在 2020/3/15 上午8:40,“ShaoFeng Shi”<sh...@apache.org> 写入:

    +1 (binding), Gook luck!

    Best regards,

    Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
    Apache Kylin PMC
    Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

    Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
    Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
    Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

    Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月14日周六 下午4:59写道:

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding), Gook luck!

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Regards
Liang

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding). Keep up good work and good luck for future!

Thanks,

Junping

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)