Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Wikum Dinalankara <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/17 04:47:18 UTC

CodeCoverage

Hi,

Newbie question here - what code coverage tools are recommended for use
with OpenOffice? I need to find out the code coverage when certain menus
and buttons on the Writer GUI are used. So far I've tried building (I'm
working with the OOO330_m20 build on Ubuntu 10.04) with gcov flags set, but
I've been running into issues with the build failing at some module.

Thanks,

Wikum

Re: CodeCoverage

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
Hello Wikum,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:47:18PM -0500, Wikum Dinalankara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Newbie question here - what code coverage tools are recommended for use

what do you understand by "code coverage"?

> with OpenOffice? I need to find out the code coverage when certain menus
> and buttons on the Writer GUI are used.

let me see if I get it. You want to know the source code involved to
execute certain action, like choosing the file "Format" - "Default
Formatting"?

> So far I've tried building (I'm
> working with the OOO330_m20 build on Ubuntu 10.04) with gcov flags set, but
> I've been running into issues with the build failing at some module.

post your issues here, and we will try to help as we can in getting your
build finished. The first build is always the harder.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina